Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Citation Needed? Ha ha! Citation Provided.

The website I'm creating will be called "Citation Provided" or www.citationprovided.com

It'll take a couple of days to work out the DNS and the hosting and the initial code... but I have registered the domain and am presently waiting on the hosting provider to figure out that yes... I did in fact respond to the registration verification email.

One step at a time.

The essence of the website shall be apolitical.  I will acknowledge my personal biases as a matter of integrity.  There may be a section, like a sidebar of "notes" or something similar when I feel compelled to offer opinions, but it will be an optional section.  Never has to be seen.  The function of this website will be to provided relevant, reputable sources for various topics.

I will also at some point institute a community aspect in which others can submit and discuss things that should be added, possibly a secondary "version" of the site (like opensource.citationprovided.com or something similar)... but ultimately, at least at first, I will be the sole arbiter of what gets included.  I have a few different topics already that I want to get included quickly, including:

Climate Change
Race issues in the US
Gender issues in the US

By the way... for climate change there really is one website that cannot be beaten: https://www.skepticalscience.com/

Seriously, that place has it all for climate change.  It's honestly my inspiration for Citation Provided.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I have things up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment